free website stats program Lovin' Florida... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lovin' Florida...

Hey SledDog ... you a native Floridian? Pull all them rude snowbirds out of FL and the state would cry for a bailout. :yes It's either we see'm all in the ditches up here, or makin' L turns from the R lane down there ... too bad once you reach 60, and then every 3 yrs after that, a person doesn't have to take a sanctioned real roadtest (every other exam during winter months). :D Oh well ... back to snow shovelin'. Enjoy your warm ride! :s

Hey SledDog ... you a native Floridian? Pull all them rude snowbirds out of FL and the state would cry for a bailout. :yes It's either we see'm all in the ditches up here, or makin' L turns from the R lane down there ... too bad once you reach 60, and then every 3 yrs after that, a person doesn't have to take a sanctioned real roadtest (every other exam during winter months). :D Oh well ... back to snow shovelin'. Enjoy your warm ride! :s

I was born in Florida. Parents moved to NH when I was young, Was stationed in the both the Panhandle and Central Florida on the coast for many years... I settle here permanently after retiring from the USAF.

I'd pay a state income tax if we could stop the snowbirds and tourist at the border, beat 'em down, take their money and send them home.... :FLORIDA

No bail out needed here... We just charge higher tourist taxes. Then we up the property taxes on out of state buyers!

Welcome to Florida.... Now go back up north... :bigsmiley19:

As for the 3 years test after 60... You could get your driver license renewed at 70 and not have to visit the DMV again until you're 90, if you are classified as a safe driver...

Example.... 2 months ago in South Florida, home the transplanted snowbird over the age of 70, a 92 year old woman bought a new $40,000 Challenger... She crashed it into a light pole... Killing herself... No one witnessed the accident. Police think she hit the gas instead of the brake... Miles on the Challenger, 150!! It was totaled. At least she didn't hit a motorcyclist.

Last edited:

There wouldn't be many drivers left in FL then.:D

He didn't say you had to pass the test, just take it !! :D

I'd pay a state income tax if we could stop the snowbirds and tourist at the border, beat 'em down, take their money and send them home....

No bail out needed here... We just charge higher tourist taxes. Then we up the property taxes on out of state buyers!

Welcome to Florida.... Now go back up north...

There you have it all in a nutshell. Wacko older drivers goin' south to try to live a few years longer, spreadin' their tax dollars along the way too ~ and Weirdo drivers comin' north from FL and elsewhere, durin' the Summer months to escape the 100% humidity & heat, always drivin' in the passing lane. :newsmile042: Thankfully, there are enough lanes & side roads for the rest of us. :ap

I would love to live in Florida so I could ride all year round and never be cold again but I heard they have all kinds of crocodiles wandering around and nasty big snakes and stuff.

At least up here in Canada all we have is the odd polar bear wandering around and of course the wolves but they don't bother you much so long as you dont show any fear.

Sigh... guess I will stoke up the fire again in the ol' igloo and wait for the spring thaw....:D

I would love to live in Florida so I could ride all year round and never be cold again but I heard they have all kinds of crocodiles wandering around and nasty big snakes and stuff.

Only a few fresh water crocs here... I think you meant Alligators.... They even eat tourists.. Well, not many... For some reason they resist when we attempt to push 'em into the canals where the gators are...

It's so funny to see tourists stopped on the side of the road, standing 15 feet from a gator taking it's picture.. I see it all the time going out to the Space Center. Little do these people know that the gator can cover that 15 feet faster then they can get back into their car...

Back