free website stats program Lovin' Florida... | Harley Davidson Forums

Lovin' Florida...

Mavagrand

..this time of year. Hadn't rode my bike in about a week so when I got off work, slipped on my cold weather gear (heavy jacket, gloves) and rode to my girlfriends house. The weather is about 50*, the night sky is crystal clear with that big ol southern moon just hangin' in the sky. As I rode, listenin' to the tunes, I reflected on how nice Florida is this time of year. The air was invirgorating, the tunes were rockin' and the scoot was purring happily along..I am one happy man. Anyway, don't wanna turn you northern guys green with envy, but it was a nice ride. furthermore, my bro and I are planning a ride up to Atlanta next week to visit my niece....dont hate!!

Just keep in mind those June through August days when it rains every day at 3pm and youve gotta ride home from work in puddles.

I would rather have puddles than the ice and snow we are having now:(

..this time of year. Hadn't rode my bike in about a week so when I got off work, slipped on my cold weather gear (heavy jacket, gloves) and rode to my girlfriends house. The weather is about 50*, the night sky is crystal clear with that big ol southern moon just hangin' in the sky. As I rode, listenin' to the tunes, I reflected on how nice Florida is this time of year. The air was invirgorating, the tunes were rockin' and the scoot was purring happily along..I am one happy man. Anyway, don't wanna turn you northern guys green with envy, but it was a nice ride. furthermore, my bro and I are planning a ride up to Atlanta next week to visit my niece....dont hate!!

And that my Friend is why we live in Florida. Riding season 365. I purchased my EGS on March the 29th 2008, and I have already put 16,000 miles on her. Ride year around.

And that my Friend is why we live in Florida. Riding season 365. I purchased my EGS on March the 29th 2008, and I have already put 16,000 miles on her. Ride year around.

Now you are really rubbing it our faces.Can't blame you:newsmile03:

I am sorry STEVE07. You are always welcome to come down here.
Here is a little Florida Sunshine on a nice road for you.

PA170086.jpg

Last edited:
This also has down sides. Eye strain from all the thong bikinis. Sand so white you want to snort it. Thong bikinis and tight jeans that show the thong. Handkerchiefs that barely cover those two puppies. Any way you get the idea and here in Florida we get to see them much longer than you guys up north. Snicker!! Fossil

The only downside to the winter weather here in Florida is the tourist and snowbirds...

It seems that every blue haired, q-tip looking, wrap around senior sunglass wearing, left hand turn from the right lane, "look Martha, there's an all day buffet with a senior discount", "this is the way we do it up north", I'm wearing adult diapers and peeing myself, no driving manners bonehead is wintering in Florida...

And they all are looking to run over a motorcycle rider....

Last edited:
I also went out yesterday on my favorite hour and a half loop and came home a totally new man! Had the liner in my leather jacket and wore the winter gloves but no chaps, scarf, or any other cold weather gear since it was around 50 degrees.

Hey Mavagrand, what part of Atlanta will you be visiting and when?

Back