free website stats program LOVE the Love | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

LOVE the Love

The 'tap the helmet' signal has been around (in NJ) for at least 40 years. It kind of went out of use for a while, but it's still the most common warning.

I've also seen riders move their left hand, palm down, in and up an down motion, meaning 'slow down'.
I have never actually seen anyone give me the pat on the head signal and I have been riding for over 30 years. I even lived and went to High School in N.J. ( Newton, Sussex County). But yeah, I have encountered on more than one occasion drivers doing the palm down, up and down motion suggesting I slow down because theres a cop up ahead. So that is what I do now. For some reason or other I thought the tapping of the head meant in a group ride to pull over. I'm probably off base on that I guess.

I've also seen riders move their left hand, palm down, in and up an down motion, meaning 'slow down'.

That's what I use on the bike. In the cage I do the light flash.

In any case the head pat may be used here in CT, but it's probably more of a group ride practice. I don't do alot of group rides, just the occasional benefit ride.

Cavalier's Biker Info - HAND SIGNALS
I just took a quick look at this. I think I'll pass on the "hang ten".

Back