free website stats program Louisiana - Helmet Law | Harley Davidson Forums

Louisiana - Helmet Law

Bosbury1

Going to New Orleans this weekend with some buddies we seem to be getting some conflicting information about whether Louisiana requires use of a helmet. My understanding is the law changed about 6 months ago so a helmet is no longer required. Anyone know for sure? Thank you.

Always a good idea to wear a helmet...not because you HAVE to, but because you WANT to...! I believe in freedom of choice, but would never ride without one...just have too many people depending on my survival not to, by choice. I know a hard hat is no guarantee, I choose not to push my luck or get an out of state ticket if the law changes when crossing some invisible line.

Always a good idea to wear a helmet...not because you HAVE to, but because you WANT to...! I believe in freedom of choice, but would never ride without one...just have too many people depending on my survival not to, by choice. I know a hard hat is no guarantee, I choose not to push my luck or get an out of state ticket if the law changes when crossing some invisible line.

I can't agree more. Just ask Indian Larry, well actually you can't, He was doing this "stand and seat and ride" thing and fell off after finishing the trick. He hit the ground, and because of the laws of gravity and physics, his momentum caused his head to hit the ground. Needless to say, he never woke up and died the next day.

I'm not trying to start a helmet, no helmet debate or hijack this thread. AS NEWHD said, it's a personal choice. But it would be terrible to be riding around a corner, in a parking lot, doing 15 mph and hit a patch of sand, have a get off, and not be around to tell about it. That's what happened to the owner of the Orlando BMW motorcycle dealer a few years back.

We really need a soap box smiley...

Back