free website stats program Louder Horn | Harley Davidson Forums

Louder Horn

Bodeen

Staff member
Contributor
Since the stock horn is just plain sorry and mine is continually full of water from riding in the rain. It sounds about the same full of water or empty anyway. I bought a Wolo Bad Boy from Harbor Freight for $32.00 with the 20% coupon.

I immediately brought it home and voided the warranty by separating the compressor from the rest of the horn. I then used a Dremel tool and reduced all the plastic to what is needed only. I went to Ace Hardware and purchased an elbow, barbed fitting, JB-weld, vinyl tubing, and a fuse holder.

JB-Weld the elbows in the compressor and horn sections. Bring stock horn wires back to provided horn relay, mounted horn relay beside battery. Added fuse holder and wired it all up. I mounted the horn part behind the left side cover (Road King) but if you have cruise control it may make it more difficult. It will fit under the stock Cowbell if you desire.

Easy project, relatively in-expensive and the horn is very loud. If you do not like the look of the cowbell and like myself dislike the look of visible air horns, this works. Longevity is the next question.

The pictures are as it progressed and as it is mocked up.

Attachments

• IMAG0122.jpg
    IMAG0122.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAG0123.jpg
    IMAG0123.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    IMAG0125.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0127.jpg
    IMAG0127.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMAG0129.jpg
    IMAG0129.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
:p I aint riding on your left side in Salt Springs:p I hope it works out for you let us know, Love shopping there grat prices and pretty good products. Remember when the were mail order only out of California I think NEWHD had some thing to do that :taunt Sorry NEWHD I could not resist

It won't help if those Snowbirds don't put batteries in their hearing aids! :p

They aint here yet but it wont be long. Your not going to get snowbirds attention with a horn anyway. I've heard a .45 works! :D

It won't help if those Snowbirds don't put batteries in their hearing aids! :p

:p I heard that, its a shame I did not know the dangers of hearing protection way back when I first started turning wrenches, NOW I am pretty much tone deaf in my left ear, I can hear low frequencies but high ones do not register any more, but as my MOM says I chose that job:s

:p I heard that, its a shame I did not know the dangers of hearing protection way back when I first started turning wrenches, NOW I am pretty much tone deaf in my left ear, I can hear low frequencies but high ones do not register any more, but as my MOM says I chose that job:s

Riding long distances without hearing protection or full helmet is also punishment on your hearing. Earplugs make a huge difference.

Riding long distances without hearing protection or full helmet is also punishment on your hearing. Earplugs make a huge difference.

:p YUP, on the way to Sturgis I switched bikes with Jeff my brother, when he got off he said he could not hear and I was putting a wind shield on as soon as we got to Sturgis I laughed and said what I cant hear you, all kidding aside what we take for granted is precious and NOW in hind sight I would have ridden differently years ago

Back