free website stats program Louder Horn | Harley Davidson Forums

Louder Horn

ewiltgen

I think my stereo is louder than my horn :newsmile100: I'm considering the Mini Beast air horn. The HD air horn is ugly imo and I don't want chrome trumpet horns. Does anybody use the Mini Beast? Is it loud? Any other ideas for a loud horn?:p

I've got the mini-beast that looks like a chrome block. It's not that attractive, but definitely looks better than the H-D model. It's loud, and definitely worth getting if you want a louder horn. I've not had any problems getting a cager's attention with it.

In fact, my "evil twin" occasionally has fun layng on the horn and watching a driver suddenly drop their cell phone. :devil

In fact, my "evil twin" occasionally has fun layng on the horn and watching a driver suddenly drop their cell phone. :devil

I really no that is REALLY like that!!!!!

Gotta see if i can find MY Twin!

signed....BUBBIE

Loud horn is a good thing, but I like the ol' fashion look of the "cowbell" on the side...most aftermarket ones just do not evoke the "feel" of a classic. A bit anemic yes, but the newer version is "touted" to be louder, and you really need to add a relay if your solution is drawing more current...that horn button in the bar control cluster is not made for higher current draw than a few amps...! :s

Old cadillac horns made by Delco Remey nice and loud and adjustable too:D

Loud horn is a good thing, but I like the ol' fashion look of the "cowbell" on the side...most aftermarket ones just do not evoke the "feel" of a classic. A bit anemic yes, but the newer version is "touted" to be louder....

I agree the "cowbell" on the side looks much better than the chrome block I've got now. My wife just got an '11 Heritage, and the horn on it is definitely louder than past OEMs.

I think my stereo is louder than my horn :newsmile100: I'm considering the Mini Beast air horn. The HD air horn is ugly imo and I don't want chrome trumpet horns. Does anybody use the Mini Beast? Is it loud? Any other ideas for a loud horn?:p
I have the Mini-Beast, and really like it. I got the one that looks like a smaller version of the football air-cleaner that is on the other side. It blends right in. At first, I thought that it was too expensive, but that feeling evaporated once I got it installed. It looks that good, and gets the attention I need it to get. It comes with all you need and installs easily, except that I would have liked it to have interconnection wires that were a bit longer.

I have an '03 Road King, so I have a spare slot in my fuse block, for the siren in a pollice RK. A couple of months after I installed the Mini-Beast, I went back in and cleaned up the installation, got rid of the big in-line fuse under the seat, and populated the siren slot in the fuseblock, and wired the Mini-Beast through there. Also, my RK had a spare rubber mount for the relay for the siren. It fits the cube relay for the Mini-Beast perfectly. For clean relay and fuse installation, you need the longer wires and a wiring diagram for your scooter.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Here's my Mini-Beast, installed:

Fully%20Dressed%20Road%20King.jpg

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back