free website stats program Loud pipes with audio system? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Loud pipes with audio system?

I have Rinehart Slip ons and hear the audio just fine. I even wear earplugs on long rides for wind protection and just turn up the audio and still have no problems.

I would like it a little bit louder. And I do want to reduce the heat. When I made the changes to my Heritage, the heat was reduced considerably.

I am really loving having tunes on a bike...never been there before.

I am about 300 miles away from my 1K service. I think I will have a talk with the service guy I deal with at the dealer. He has always guided by the right way.

There seems to be differing opinions here. And I appreciate them all!!!!

I bought the speaker/microphone kit for my Ultra when I first got it. Used it about 2 months have not used it since. After long rides my ears would be ringing from wind noise. I now use Skull Candy ear buds, they cut out the wind noise and provide great sound and I can still hear traffic. For shorter riding the Hog Tunes set up is great. Besides if you go fast enough you outrun the exhaust noise. :)

I never understood LOUD pipes on a touring bike. Just me I guess. Anyhow, I run SuperTrapp exposed disk slip-ons because they perform very well, are tunable, and are fairly quiet. I have the 4 speaker HogTunes set up with the amp, & HogPod and my radio is perfectly clear at 80 plus on the interstate. My wife and I will do 900 plus miles in a day and on a loud bike it's just too much.....jmo

Back