free website stats program Loud pipes with audio system? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Loud pipes with audio system?

I really like my Monster Ovals. The sound level from the pipes, and sound quality, for me is perfect.

Hey dbmg I saw this the other day and tried it. I was 99.9 % sure it was valve noise before I tried it.Now I'm 100% sure it is.Got the ole they all sound that way thing from the dealership ,so if it eats a valve ,that's their problem . Bike is 6 months old ,was loud clatter from day 1 and got louder when I put Mobil 1 in it.If it flies part....guess they'll know what went wrong .

Might try a different dealer. I would hate to see it come apart at a inopportune time. I know the noise was driving me nuts and taking the enjoyment of riding the bike away. Hope you can get it corrected sooner rather than later.

My Monster Ovals are louder than stock, but not obnoxious. I ended up adding the J&M 7.25 speakers and amp to hear the stereo more clearly and it helped significantly.

HOWEVER, I recently added an intercom to my RG and have found that I prefer the in-helmet speakers that were part of the intercom system. I think you have the helmet plug in as stock...I would try that first. I find it much better as the rider and it's MUCH more enjoyable for the passenger too.

Just one riders opinion. You just purchased the “Rolls Royce” of “Harley Davidson”. Your accessories include CD, CB and Intercom. Your hope was to used what you purchased for long and enjoyable trips. Now! Why would you want to drown that all out with loud pipes. My thoughts are to help the motorcycle breath a little better with SE Fatshotz and upgraded air cleaner. Will help bring down heat, give more horse power and sounds good with the music. Remember why you purchased the “Ultra Classic”.

I put dresser duals and V&H High Output slip-ons on my bike at the 5k service.....the HO's were way too loud...and stepped on the radio heavily going down the highway...

I changed to Monster Ovals at about 6000 miles....and while pretty loud...the frequency of the sound is lower and more throaty.....it doesn't step on the radio nearly as badly as the HO's with their high frequency metalic sound did.....

I've got a friend with a Limited the same color as mine....he's got moster ovals with the stock header pipe and stock cams...and his monster ovals are nearly as quiet as stock......; My dresser duals with 255 cams really make them sound like a different set of slipons altogether......

I have the V&H Monster Ovals on my 2010 Ultra Limited and love them
They have a deeper sound than stock but aren'y too loud and I can still hear the radio fine
If you are looking to upgrade to a better sounding pipe definetely check out the Monster ovals

103 with cams and monster ovals...stock stereo would get drowned out on the hi-way. I installed Hogtune's Big Ultra amp and speakers...sounds good even at 90 mph now!

'10 Ultra Limited with power duals and monster rounds from V&H. Stock stereo worked but the Hogtunes install made all the difference. I have noticed that the monster rounds are pretty load until you get on the highway and then they quiet down a fair amount. Nothing that will give you a headache or anything.

Comparing them to the monster ovals, they are much loader however.

For what it's worth, I just put on the new Rinehart 4" slip on pipes and love them. Very nice deep rumble and I can still hear my stock stereo. They look and sound great. I don't know if I would want to ride behind me, but for the rider they are great. I would never leave stock pipes on a scooter. Run way too hot and are way too mellow for me. At 2200 RPM's they keep that rumble,,,, I love em.

Attachments

• P1010240.jpg
    P1010240.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 8
Back