free website stats program "Loud" Exhaust Experiences | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

"Loud" Exhaust Experiences

Let's see:

"Not for street use" stamped into pipes? Check.

Tear tags off of mattresses? Check.

Set off car alarms? Check.

"I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel. You don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me." :rofl

Seriously, I do make a conscious effort to keep the noise down when around the town but when I hit the passing lane, the cagers KNOW I'm there.

Whatever happened to "Loud Pipes Save Lives"? Until I put the air horns on, the pipes saved me more than once from cagers who weren't paying attention. The Harley stock horns are worthless - but that's for another post, I guess.

Ride safe,
Jammr

I'm looking for more sound by putting Krome Werks 3" along with SE A/C and Power Commander on my Fat Bob. I have neighbors that for the last couple years have been driving me and the wife nuts with boom boxes on one side and reving cars engines on the other. My Bob is too quite stock. So I'm hoping a Stage one will at 5:00am when I go to work, set off some alarms. Pay back's a STAGED ONE FATBOB.

I have Rinehart true duals and like them lots.I can either behave or make them talk.What I can't imagine is having stock shocks and listen to that garbage disposal with a fork in it motor.

Whatever happened to "Loud Pipes Save Lives"? Until I put the air horns on, the pipes saved me more than once from cagers who weren't paying attention. The Harley stock horns are worthless - but that's for another post, I guess.
Ride safe,
Jammr

Reason you don't hear "Loud Pipes Save Lives" is first, unless it's an older car/truck, the pipes are not that noticeable in the newer vehicles for they are pretty quiet proof for the most part. Second, the cager you just rattled the bolts out of is one of those voters that just voted for another noise ordnance to be passed in your town and places more monies in the city, county etc... money box with the additional tickets. If ya think different, go down to Cali for a weekend and express yourself and see what happens.

I say all of this in a nice way and please don't take it personal. It's just they are looking for ways to fill the cash drawers. I know around here they are on ya like stink on a skunk.
Ugly John

No offense taken, John. I understand they're always looking to get into our wallets, but we don't seem to get a lot of hassle about loud pipes here in South Jersey - yet. Bottom line is, if I have to choose between "rattling their bolts loose" or eating bumper, I'm grabbing a fistful and rattling away.

A lot of it is also how you drive in different areas. In housing neighborhoods I do't crack it open in respect for those that live there. On open roads i open it up. All of my bikes will set off a car alarm but dont (well except for this one neighbor i dont like) cause i controll the noise with the throttle. One of em runs open straight pipes and I've gone by cops quiet as a baby. Are my bikes loud if ya get on em? yep. Have I ever gotten a ticket in all the states I've been in on them including the db states? nope. The sound of a harley to a harley rider is great. The sound of harley to a lot of citizens is obnoxiuos. Think about where you are before you crank on it and respect others rights to not have to hear it in their areas and there would be a lot less lawmakers out to crucify bikers. JMO

I recently swapped my stock exhaust for a pair of S.E. IIs. In my opinion, they give off the true Harley sound without being obnoxious. I am especially careful in residential areas and when driving by L.E.O.s so I haven't had any negative reation to them.

On a side note, I was recently in a hotel van heading off to the airport in PHX when a local rider drove by with truly obnoxious pipes. He was making as much noise as he possibly could by working the throttle. Need I mention the reaction he got from those inside the van? He didn't raise any good will, that is for sure.

Thank God I live in the middle of nowhere! I have the V&H Big Shots on mine and it's loud. I do keep it quiet in residential though. I read somewhere though that the bike cops somewhere are putting louder exhaust on there bikes for the "Loud pipes saves lives" reason.

I have V+H True Duals on my Heritage and it sounds just the way I like it too.Just like a Harley!BTW Biglew.. if you read this post,I grew up in Mt.Holly,N.J.

Back