free website stats program Lost Speedo, Headlamp, and Turn Signals | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost Speedo, Headlamp, and Turn Signals

cmvsm

Hi all. I was hoping that I might be able to get some expert input to a problem that I'm having, as I'm fairly new to the world of motorcycles. Today I changed out the hand grips and handle bar clamp on my '02 Lowrider, and went out for a little test ride, and soon discovered that I had lost the function of my speedometer (operation, backlight, odometer, etc.), as well as my main headlamp and turn signals. I didn't notice any wires being pinched or anything getting in the way while I was making the mods, so I'm not sure if this is a coincidental mishap or if I screwed something up.

My tach still works.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what the issue might be and how to fix would be appreciated.

Thanks.

check your fuses, I found the horn fuse blown, I changed the fuse tried the horn and blew the fuse again. no signals or speedo. Found a pinched wire in my horn. Now it,s o.k. Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the reply Casey. I checked the fuses and sure enough, the lighting fuse was blown out. The tachometer backlight must be hooked up to a different fuse, as it was still operational. I'll grab some replacement fuses tomorrow, replace it, and hopefully there aren't any wiring issues that will cause it to blow again. Thanks again.

Back