free website stats program lost signal light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

lost signal light

Might want to inspect all the contacts, mate and break the connections to buff them shiney, might want to spray contact cleaner in there, allow plenty of time to air dry (or use a hair dryer) and inspect again to make sure they are shiny. Use dielectric grease to protect contacts from corrosion/moisture.

Also check back the wiring, especially where they past thru the metal bracket/clips that prevent the back tire from catching them...you may have cut insulation and when you moved the wiring, temporarily un-grounded the exposed wires. Several layers of electrical tape should do the deed or heat shrink tubing, if you can get it on to the exposed area.

Since in your profile it says its a 09 .. if the bulb isnt burnt out off to the dealer let them fix it

check all wires... check all connectos.. all good.. no power still.... disconnect powere feed to the tail litght all went out .... connect back .. all working ... flashing light ..light on dash went out ... still donot know what cause this ..but is workink for now

According to your Avatar, this is a BRAND NEW bike. I would suggest that you take it back where you bought it as soon as ANY problem develops, pound your fists on the counter and demand that they fix your bike. You have just spent 10's of thousands of dollars on something. Why accept it with problems?

TQ

i tear down the rt side signals .... one of the sockets connector inside, the isulation was broken slder back together put insulation back re install all of it they work !!! and ther is no mor light on the dash board

Do you mean the insulator is broken and not sliding correctly down the notch,twisting and creating a ground fault?

i tear down the rt side signals .... one of the sockets connector inside, the isulation was broken slder back together put insulation back re install all of it they work !!! and ther is no mor light on the dash board
Glad you found it and it was simple. Mind if I ask why you didn't let dealer find it and fix it?

yes...that why i did not anderstand what was goin on

to stubborn .... i fell that i can find it it took me a while ... no much ridding ...rain and wind

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it to the dealer and get them to change it,it will only turn and do it again.

to stubborn .... i fell that i can find it it took me a while ... no much ridding ...rain and wind
I know how you feel, I also would rather do the work myself, but sometimes it's good to get a paper trail on a bike that has some minor problems from the get go. I hope that's all the trouble she gives you, and I hope ya get to go ride soon:D it rained all day here, it needs to dry up.:rider

Back