free website stats program Lost radio display | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost radio display

Redfish-Joe

This was the second time this happened. The last time I was near the Harley store in Biloxi. Dropped in, left the bike running and got the service writer to check it out. Radio worked fine but no display.

Kill the bike and start it up again, everything works fine.Anyway he wrote it up and put his contact info on the work order.

He said since he had it documented I shouldn't have any problem getting it replaced/repaired where I get my bike worked on in Slidell.

It would be nice if they do accept his findings and not have to keep my bike to "reproduce" the problem.

They are all independent dealerships, and sometime they have an attitude "if it wasn't done here, it wasn't done right". Fraid you will have to "endeavor to persevere"!

TQ

what did they find out about it ????

They got me a brand new remaned one coming. They dont service them in store.:D

I would go back to Biloxi and se if they will fix it. Its really not that far from slidell.

I appreciate what the service writer did for me there. It was one of those right place right time things. I have had a few issues with the store in the past.

Slidell has always treated me with respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't do better than that, a good relationship with a reputable dealer is HUGE!

This happened to me while my bike was under warranty. The dealer reflashed the software in the radio and it came back and worked ever since. Its been a year now (knock on wood).

This happened to me while my bike was under warranty. The dealer reflashed the software in the radio and it came back and worked ever since. Its been a year now (knock on wood).

I'll give them a call and see what they think. Thanks!

Back