Lost my key fob !!

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by ScreamnEagle22, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ScreamnEagle22

ScreamnEagle22 Member

I lost my alarm key fob, what can I do as far as getting another one ?? how is the programing ?? $$$ ??:panic

2. walleye

walleye Junior Member Contributor

There is no problem as long as you did what you should have did. Recorded the information provided with you FOB in the provided space in your manual. If you did, like I hope you did, call HD and they will reissue one. In your manual, you can over ride your FOB. Again, if you did what you should have done and entered your own 5 digit code, use your code. If you did not, call the dealership to get the default. Mine was 55555. Let this be a lesson to everyone. Record your FOB info and set your personal pin to over ride the security in case you los or forget your FOB. Good luck.

3. ScreamnEagle22

ScreamnEagle22 Member

lets just say I didnt do what I was suppose to... Any other suggestions ?

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  5. ScreamnEagle22

ScreamnEagle22 Member

yup, only had one :wall

All 08's brought the fobs right ?

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

You can get a replacement FOB at the dealer and they have to program it to the bike for you. Set the PIN the next time so you can at least start the bike without the FOB. Use the link provided above to do it. You may be able to retrieve the PIN code in your bike using that link also.

7. ScreamnEagle22

ScreamnEagle22 Member

thanks dude. im gonna look into that. good thing is the alarm wasnt on when i lost it.