free website stats program lost key | Harley Davidson Forums

lost key

I lost the key for my harley 1995 electra glide classic, how much for a new one?

They're sold by the pair, picked up a couple of extras for my sled and I'm thinking they were somewhere under ten bucks. Gonna need your key number... if you don't have it H-D may have it on file for that VIN.

TL

Can also order the expensive Willie G. Skull key for 'about $50...(for one)! THEN go to the local key shop and make copies. The stock HD key has a removable cover that has the HD name, and a # on it that they also use to match to the VIN to be sure. And as TLM says, they will need these #'s and your ID to ensure you are the owner...

I lost the key for my harley 1995 electra glide classic, how much for a new one?

Well I was feeling pretty bad this past weekend as I too lost my key. I have cussed at myself all weekend but that did not help in me finding the key. I had to change plans and not do a ride for a very good cause being I would worry to much about the scoot getting taken. So yes off to the dealer today to order a new set. In all the years this is my first time "misplacing" them.
Getting old can be a drag at times.

Well I was feeling pretty bad this past weekend as I too lost my key. I have cussed at myself all weekend but that did not help in me finding the key. I had to change plans and not do a ride for a very good cause being I would worry to much about the scoot getting taken. So yes off to the dealer today to order a new set. In all the years this is my first time "misplacing" them.
Getting old can be a drag at times.

Hey, let's not look at is as being old. How about we're now "vintage" bikers?

I found a leather vest with a H.D. key and elect. round fob along with a almost empty can of ??? mint snoose... NO ID ANYWHERE so I couldn't return it...

LAST SUNDAY AUG 30....

This was found 16 mi. west on 82 of enterprise in oregon... I was headed to washington state going thru to RATTLE SNAKE PASS.... WHAT A RIDE....

I turned vest (size 46 i think and in new looking condition label-FIRST- made in pakistan) H.D. key-fob and contents into the LOCAL sheriff's office in enterprise oregon.... didn't know how to get the word out maybe some one HERE can post this in the right place...

thanks .... BUBBIE

Last edited:
I found a leather vest with a H.D. key and elect. round fob along with a almost empty can of ??? mint snoose... NO ID ANYWHERE so I couldn't return it...

LAST SUNDAY AUG 30....

This was found 16 mi. west on 82 of enterprise in oregon... I was headed to washington state going thru to RATTLE SNAKE PASS.... WHAT A RIDE....

I turned vest (size 46 i think and in new looking condition label-FIRST- made in pakistan) H.D. key-fob and contents into the LOCAL sheriff's office in enterprise oregon.... didn't know how to get the word out maybe some one HERE can post this in the right place...

thanks .... BUBBIE

Another way would be to write down number found on the key and submit to local HD dealer nearest to the area found...with detailed description of the vest and pat yourself on the back, you did the best you could trying to find the owner. All riders here are grateful for your good Sumaritan approach. :cheers

Back