free website stats program lost in oil | Harley Davidson Forums

lost in oil

jysn1584

I'm trying to do my first oil change on my 2007 dyna superglide and cannot find my bike. The books do not show a 2007 fxd 1584 only a 1586 I want to use K&N filter. Have also looked at other fram ect and cant find my scoot anywhere I think there the same just want to be sure .Any help!!!!!

Your bike is a 1584 (96) CI engine and takes 3 quarts of oil. I would recommend staying with the HD filter.

Always under fill the oil, then warm it up, check the dipstick and add the difference.

The best filter for your bike is the Harley OEM. Fram filters do not get a high mark any more. You will be wise to use Mobil 1 V Twin 20 w 50 or other syn oil. The Harley Syn 3 oils don't get the high marks either.
Ken

Your bike is a 1584 (96) CI engine and takes 3 quarts of oil. I would recommend staying with the HD filter.

Always under fill the oil, then warm it up, check the dipstick and add the difference.

The Boss is Right again, try 2 1/2 quarts of oil and run hot then recheck the level, My Bob likes this level then it does not puke out of the air cleaner:s

Last edited by a moderator:
The book calls for 2 1/2 qts wet. 3 qts dry. Mine will be over full if I put in 3 qts. 2 3/4 is probably more accurate. Also you check with the stick screwed all the way in and on the jiffy stand.

I'm trying to do my first oil change on my 2007 dyna superglide and cannot find my bike.

If you can't find your bike, I'm thinking an oil change would be the least of your worries. Where did you leave your bike last time you rode it??? I've misplaced my wallet, keys, cell phone, lighters, even my son when he was little, but I always know where my bike is.

If you can't find your bike, I'm thinking an oil change would be the least of your worries. Where did you leave your bike last time you rode it??? I've misplaced my wallet, keys, cell phone, lighters, even my son when he was little, but I always know where my bike is.
Ha-Ha! I had the same initial thought.

Back