free website stats program Lost all power at 65mph | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost all power at 65mph

I replaced the main circuit breaker with a inline Maxi Fuse holder and 40 amp Maxi Fuse. So far so good. Rode to and from work today with no problems. If I happen to blow a fuse I will then check voltage and amperage at the fuse holder to see exactly what it is pulling. I'll keep you updated. Thanks a million for all of your help!

Been having the same problem and done some searching of the net for a good maxi fuse holder. After a hole bunch of searching I found this setup.

Its called,

Blue Sea Systems Maxi Fuse Block for 30 - 80 Ampere Fusing

Hope this helps. :bigsmiley12:

Heat is the culprit that causes the CB to fail. Even with the recall and 'upgrade' to a 50amp, my 01 ultra CB failed. Unfortunately, I was given bad advice when I asked the dealer if they could replace the CB with a Maxi fuse..I was told, no. Not being a mechanic, I accepted that reply ( Common sense should have told me they were wrong). So, knowing that the original location of the CB was right behind the rear jug, just inches away, I relocated the CB to the right side panel with other electronics..that was 3 years ago. No problem since. If I had to do it over, I would go with a maxi fuse.

Back