free website stats program Lost Again! Please help me locate the vibration | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Lost Again! Please help me locate the vibration

Don't know where the vibes come from, it's all the bike vibrating. The bike is very stable at any speed, I can let go of handlebars at 55mph or higher and just goes in a strait line. No wobble or anything. Just the vibes through up through seat, boards, and bars. Can't see anything behind in mirrors... As I said, I don't mind it though, I've gotten used to it.. (EDIT) goes numb after an hour, so I can't feel it and get to ride longer :)

Please read this...

HDTimeline Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
my 01 heritage with 50,000 mi is smooth as glass at 55 maybe some vibes around 85 but mirrors clear all the way

i would be checking the primary. Maybe removing the primary cover and with tranny in 4th gear and rear wheel raised rock the wheel back and forth and look for play or movement between the engine shaft/compensator nut and also clutch pack and trans shaft ( remove snap ring and clutch adjuster), also check the tightness of comp nut and transmission shaft nut. I know these components can cause a serious vibrations and damage the alternator rotor, crankshaft spacer and thrust washer.

Back