free website stats program Loss of power with a check engine light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Loss of power with a check engine light

OK sorry I didn't get back with you all yesterday, I was just real busy. Went to take bike to dealership yesterday for the limp mode problem, I start the bike up in the garage and it goes straight into to limp mode. I shut the bike down wiggle the wires that go into the throttle body and start it back up and it runs fine. The dealership is about 20 miles away from the house (all highway) and the bike runs great all the way there. I get just about to the dealer parking lot and it goes into limp mode again. I pull into the service area and wave the service guy out and show him what the bike is doing. He proceeds to tell me that there is a service bulletin out on this problem and that my bike is the third bike they have had to do this repair on and the first Electra Glide, as this problem is mainly affecting police Road Kings.
I guess my question is if their is a bulletin out on the street about this problem, why are they not informing consumers of this potential problem? What if I was out in the middle of no where and this happend? A person riding in the dessert could end up with heat exhaustion or in in a cold region frostbite or maybe worse. Harley needs to keep its customers better informed.

Back