free website stats program loss of idle speed control | Harley Davidson Forums

loss of idle speed control

jsnewk

I have a 2007 Road King with 103" w/power commander. Bike will not idle down from apx 2800 rpm until wheels come to full stop. Getting a "loss of idle speed control" code. Dealer has checked throttle body for leaks w/ nothing found. Curious if anyone is seeing this problem with their power commander? Idle issue goes away when PC is disconnected but runs lean due to custom intake and pipes. Thanks to posters in advance.

Sometimes, if the PC "0" throttle isn't set to 0 (say it was at 5 instead of 0) the engine would act accordingly. Try warming the engine up and check(using the PC control center) and see if your zeroed out. Just my 2cents.

Mechanic replaced trans sensor and wheel sensors. Problem still there. He clutched and cut engine at 40 mph, did a restart and engine idled normal. Once engine reaches 3000 or so rpm it comes back. The problem is not the Power Commander as it does it with or without it installed.

I will pass that on to him, thanks Glider. He and the dealers top wrenches have been at this for 3 weeks and all are scratching their heads....

It was thought to have gone away when the PC was disconnected but that proved to be temporary and does it with or without the PC connected. Sorry for the confusion.

Back