free website stats program Losing rear wheel weights | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Losing rear wheel weights

Most Harleys are offset rear to front. An inch sounds like quite a bit, I would recheck it again.

Ok,i'll bite.Are they really offset?Why?Surely if the frame is not straight then any bike wont track true and will of course go around corners differently.
This is the first i've ever heard of out of true frames being offered by manufacturers and accepted by the buyers.
Is this the Harley 'mystique'? I'm completely gobsmacked by this revelation:swoon

One of my brothers has oft remarked how his Fatboy goes left better than right,and i've always thought it was the camber of the road.Now i can tell him his frame aint straight!
Seriously,set me straight please.

More wheel spacing than a bent frame here :D. Think about all the weight on the left side with the primary,the clutch, chain, compensator, stator and what's on the right side to counter balance it other than exhaust???:D

I'd personally find another shop to do my repairs and stop all business with the old shop. I'd also tell everyone I know or meet about their shoddy service and the word of mouth will tear them up.

Back