free website stats program Loose spokes on a laced wheel | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose spokes on a laced wheel

I bought a set of laced wheels for my bike took them to the dealer that I purchased the bike from and had them put on I am having a problem with the spokes keep coming loose. I ask a friend that has an 02 softail with 65000 miles on it if he has encountered this problem, he has not. My brother knows a guy who bought an 07 deluxe and he has had the same problem that I am having. Is there any shock solution to keeping the spokes from coming loose ??

Hobit is right on the single spoke thing. You can snug up one but if you have multiple spokes getting loose, you probably need to get the wheel trued up. Not an touh as some people make it sound but it does take a little time. Just a dab of thread lock (not the red) and a little time on a stand will true them up.

1+ on NOT using RED threadlock, that stuff is evil if you want to do subsequent maintenance. BLUE treadlock is fine.

they shouldnt be coming loose if they r properly torqued, so get it tightened and balanced properly. ive built lots of laced wheels n they dont come loose for a long time if its done right.

Back