free website stats program loose saddle bag latch??? | Harley Davidson Forums

loose saddle bag latch???

89 FXRS

Anyone have a saddle bag latch that is loose and opens up after hitting a bump? The factory book say to bend the fingers on the latch - but for the life of me I can't get the latch to tighten up, anyone have any luck with a solution for this?

I never start out without locking bags. I have found that when difficult to latch, something is hindering latch. Correct and then lock. That way they will never open while riding.

I was having that problem a lot. Discovered that the screws holding the latch to the bag were coming loose. When I tightened them up, it seems to have taken care of the issue.

Anyone have a saddle bag latch that is loose and opens up after hitting a bump? The factory book say to bend the fingers on the latch - but for the life of me I can't get the latch to tighten up, anyone have any luck with a solution for this?

If you're talking about the latch that attaches the bag to the bike - I bought Brukus SaddlebagSecure for $20 and now I don't have to worry about my bags loosening or being stolen. You can check it out on brukus.com

Back