free website stats program Loose rubber hose coming from carb. | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose rubber hose coming from carb.

shady1324

Im new to Harleys and I am enjoying my first one. I was changing my, engine, primary chain, and transmission oil today and noticed this loose rubber hose coming from bottom of carb. Its attached to carb one end and nothing on the other. It must have slipped off of something. I know you guys will probably give me a hard time but like i said, still learning!! Ive attached a pic. Please describe where the other end is supposed to go! Its a 1998 Fatboy. Ive had a lot of other questions answered for me here so this is the first place im posting! Thanks ahead of time for all the great advice im going to get!

Attachments

• DSC01612.jpg
    DSC01612.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 23
It's a float bowl drain for the carb and should exit in front of the rear tire with the battery vent too. Drain a few ounces of fuel out of the carb using the screw where the hose attaches to the carb viewed from the horn side of the bike whenever you change the oil. It will keep the float bowl free of sediment and water buildup.

*Poor Performance With Carb Models - Harley Davidson Community

CVFloatbowlRR.png

Last edited:
Thanks Glider! I thought it might be something like that! Ill run the tube back where you said! Awesome!

Thanks again!!

Back