free website stats program Loose Grip | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose Grip

We use hairspray as an accelerant for the potato gun. The stuff from the dollar store works best!

I used to use hairspray on my mountain bikes way back when I was racing. That was the best thing I ever used.

Hello...I got on my 15 RK and immediately noticed that the left grip is loose, twisting back and forth almost like the throttle grip. They are the Kuryakyn Iso Grips that I installed right after I bought the bike last June. Has always been nice and tight. It's inside the channel like it should be. Did the glue just break loose? Do I need to replace the grip or can I re-glue? Thanks in advance
Dan,
I never liked using the glue that Kuryakyn provides (AKA Super Glue). Use a razor blade to clean off the handle. I used RTV and apply it to the first 1/3 of the handle and as I installed the grip. The cool think about using RTV is there is no hurry to place the grip in position. You will need to let it cure over night. Your bike, your choice.

I like all the great ideas Guys. They will surely help me with the Kids dirt bikes grips.....

Back