free website stats program Loose exhaust nuts | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose exhaust nuts

what are jamb nuts?

I posted it..

I always thought a jamb nut was what you guys are calling a jam nut.. My spelling is Jamb nut,,, a thin nut used to secure the first nut from coming loose and locking the first in place..

It is Jamb to me... works for me, either way it is spelled.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Bubbie was only asking because I presently have the exhaust off my RK the cross over pipe had a split in it and is presently out being welded so Ill be re hooking up my exhaust and found this information useful just hadnt heard that term before but now I know.

I posted it..

I always thought a jamb nut was what you guys are calling a jam nut.. My spelling is Jamb nut,,, a thin nut used to secure the first nut from coming loose and locking the first in place..

signed....BUBBIE

From one nut to another :lol :lolrolling

From one nut to another :lol :lolrolling

Boy, I don't know what it is with you Glider.... Must be something in your water...

Showing favoritism to a "lower case" nut like me may cause a stir with the other big wig NUTs here on HDT.

We best include them also with that fine title! so they don't feel left out.:)

signed....BUBBIE

If my exhaust ever loosens up again, Im going to try Brass high nuts with lock washers. We used them on v-8 chevy exhaust studs for years, they protected all of the threads and were user friendly if you had to remove the exhaust

I posted it..

signed....BUBBIE

Well done Bubbie...Jamb nut and not JAMB NUT...Glider would be pleased! :newsmile100:

You can also use chrome acorn nuts as the second "lock" nut and it will dress up that area as well.

Well we now have a thread easily found with just the keyword just plain "nuts"...:newsmile100:

Last edited:
The torque is key but getting a torque wrench on the front bolts is a real pain. The upper one is especially tough. I just make them good and tight. No issues so far. The backs are torqued perfectly.

Back