free website stats program Loose bolt | Harley Davidson Forums

Loose bolt

Irish Hog

Any one have something they use to keep the allens snug. I have a allen bolt on my foot peg that keeps backing out. It really sucked the other day, I went on a children's toy ride and halfway through the run, my foot peg started to spin. I could not get a good footing on it since it would always land chrome side up, I could not stop, since we were in formation. This really spoiled the run..

So today I put a little Teflon tape on and tightened it up, but is this what I should use?. I use this stuff for the plastic fittings for the pool pump, thought it would work just as good for the metal Allen bolts, or is there some other kind of loctite I should use to keep this bolt tight. I am going on a 200 mile run next week and I don't need this happening again. Any help??

I'd use the blue loctite. If you really don't want it coming off use the red.

blue loctite --- have you tried to replace the screw?
Actually never thought about replacing the screw. Guess that is why we come here for advise:newsmile020: but I would still like to add a little blue loctite, just to be sure this never happens again.

Actually never thought about replacing the screw. Guess that is why we come here for advise:newsmile020: but I would still like to add a little blue loctite, just to be sure this never happens again.

make sure the male & female threads are fairly clean of debris ( dirt,grease, old teflon tape) and after you apply the loctite -- let it "set-up" for a little bit before riding .

make sure the male & female threads are fairly clean of debris ( dirt,grease, old teflon tape) and after you apply the loctite -- let it "set-up" for a little bit before riding .
Thanks for the tip. Everyone should check thier pegs from now and again for loose bolts, becasue it will end your ride quick if you lose a peg, especially gear side.

Blue loctite for sure .. on its maiden voyage the other night my buddy's new bike had a foot peg come loose and was spinning .. he was lucky i had my tools with me as he hadnt had time to fit his tool bag yet..

Blue loctite is a great way to lock um in

Back