free website stats program Looks like a new motor is on its way | Harley Davidson Forums

Looks like a new motor is on its way

cromwell

Took my bike out for a ride and 30 miles later it sounded like a chorus of hammers hitting an anvil. Warranty ended in Sept. I would not think this should be happening to a 2 1/2 year old bike. Now I have to figure out how to get it to the dealer in Waterford for a repair estimate. Hopefully it is minor but the way my luck has been I highly doubt it. I have a funny feeling I will not be doing any riding this year. :(

Sorry to hear that may be get them to Good Will it let us know how it turns out and Good Luck

She has just of 10K on the clock. Will find out more here soon. Currently looking for a way to get her to the dealer.

I would pull off the primary cover just to have a look. Not in an attempt to repair anything, just to remove some of the mental "possibilities".

Checking the oil in the primary and looking at the engine oil for any sigs of LOW or other.. I can't see the bike having a problem on so early... I Have had the Motor Company do okay with me on a problem I had with a stator on my 1200R, out of warranty to boot.. BUT an on going problem Burnt Stators....

Hope you can get it to the dealer,, Love to help you out ,,, I don't think you want to borrow my Little trailer as it is a looooong pull over to where you are located..

Hoping it is something LESS than the motor.. Were there any Noises to give advanced notice and what gear and RPM(low,med,high)Just for conversation, what Oil do you use over there? Engine and primary/tranny

signed....BUBBIE

I have seen broken piston skirts sound like a loose primary chain on Sportsers

Back