free website stats program Looking to add Hitch and Trailer on my Limited | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking to add Hitch and Trailer on my Limited

I have a Kuryakyn hitch for my Ultra and a Neosho Starlight Juniper trailer Jupiter — Neosho trailers. It's a very light trailer, has LED lighting, swivel hitch and holds all we need for a long trip. Beats overloading the bike and making it top heavy.

The weak point on the trailer is the latching mechanism, though. I've broken 3 of them on 2 trips. Don't know if they've changed the design of that since no one carries their models in my home province. I had to order it in from southern Ontario.

The hitch is fairly easy to install and remove. Had to cut the tab off the mount that holds the air shock valve in place though.

There are wiring harnesses available so you don't have to splice into the bikes wiring. Makes it easy to remove any trace of towing. Here's the one I use: HD Quick Connect Wiring Harness
With LED lighting on the trailer, the extra electrical load is negligible.

All 3 dealers in Manitoba have no problem with honoring the warranty and are fully aware of the corporate H-D stance. One dealer even sells trailers. They all tell me the same thing: How are they going to prove the trailer caused the failure unless it's a rear suspension problem?

Last edited:
Installed an MC hitch on my 2011 Limited, easy, straight forward install. Did check with the dealer before the install and was told that it would not void the warranty.
Cannot speak about trailer too much as I used to pull a homemade cargo trailer with a Dyna that I built a hitch for but with the Limited I tow a Timeout Camper when hotels are not on the itinerary.

Harley Hitches

I had a Hitchdoc hidden hitch on my ultra, worked just fine and when not using a traier, could not really tell it was set up for a trailer unless you were looking for it. My dealer installed it for me when the bike was new so you can figure out their stance on towing.
For years I used to think that pulling a trailer would take the joy out of riding. I will tell you an overpacked bike is a lot less enjoyable to ride than pulling a trailer. I can have a lot more fun in the twisties with the trailer on the back than with tons of gear on the bike. JMO

I have a Rivco Trailer Hitch installed on my 2010 FLTHK. I pull an America's Best Trailer I purchased new from the manufacturer. It is an all aluminum diamond plate trailer. I have not encountered any problems pulling to Sturgis, Daytona and Kansas from Ohio.

Just remember it is there when making turns and pulling into gas stations with islands. Don't want to cut it too close and run into the island. Treat it like you would any other trailer being pulled by a pickup, semi tractor or farm tractor. Make wide turns.

Going down the road I don't notice it behind me. :)

I believe the ESP warranty says the bike is not to be used to pull a trailer or the warranty will be void.

That is the warranties out of not covering repair. Its considered ABUSE. Its in the fine print.....

The owners manual on my '07 Ultra states to not pull a trailer.

Can't say it really matters anymore because it's out of warranty.

Back