free website stats program Looking thru windshield vs looking over | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking thru windshield vs looking over

I agree with Hobbit. Your buffeting problem may not be your windshield. I have an 07 Softail Custom and experienced horrible buffeting problems but the culprit wasn't the windshield. It was the wind hitting my legs and coming up and around the gas tank. I solved this problem with a switchblade windshield and chrome lowers. You can tell if lowers will help by doing a simple test. While going at highway speed, carefully, take your left hand, palm down, and hold it about midway on your chest. If the buffeting stops, the wind is coming from the lower part of your bike and lowers will help.

I have that problem when I put my feet on the highway pegs. Will the crome lowers take the wind away from the motor?

Where is the best place to get a set of Chrome lowers?

they're actually pretty reasonably priced at the dealer for the FL's. If you want them for an FX then your gonna have to go with a National Cycle windshield and run the National cycle chrome lowers.

I have the 07 Softail Custom and run the Switchblade windshield and chrome lowers from National Cycle. Another option are the clear lowers made by Memphis Shades. My buddy runs them on his 07 Custom and they look good and work fine.

I am with the over crowd. Six inches of windshield is going to be a huge change. Try the palm thing to see if you are getting wind from under the shield. It is suprising where that wind comes from. The lowers may be a better solution than having to look through a windshield.

You should see just over the top if not fog rain and other condition can make it hard to see , at the correct height you should not get buffeting

Smitty is right on here...the first time you and your ride get caught in fog and you'll know it. Even here in SoCal, a ride up the central coast will be literally an "eye opening" experience you would not want to repeat. :shock

Went to the harley shop today ang got a set ok chrome lowers (Wind deflectors)couldn't believe the difference they made.Problem solved!! Thanks for all the help and input.

Back