free website stats program Looking some advice, help, comments | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking some advice, help, comments

dukhavguns

I am new here and posted this question under the wrong title...So here goes.

I hope someone can shed some light on a problem I am having with my 2000 Dyna.
I recently did a complete custom and in doing so switched my tank to a wideglide with new dash and speedo. Everything works on the dash except for the fact it wont register speed and my mileage counter wont move....it lights up.
I have checked and triple checked to make sure wiring was right and cant find anything out of place.
I replaced the speed sensor. Could I have gotten a bad speed sensor? I dont know what to do at this point. Hopefully someone here can help!

I am new here and posted this question under the wrong title...So here goes.

I hope someone can shed some light on a problem I am having with my 2000 Dyna.
I recently did a complete custom and in doing so switched my tank to a wideglide with new dash and speedo. Everything works on the dash except for the fact it wont register speed and my mileage counter wont move....it lights up.
I have checked and triple checked to make sure wiring was right and cant find anything out of place.
I replaced the speed sensor. Could I have gotten a bad speed sensor? I dont know what to do at this point. Hopefully someone here can help!

Welcome from Florida, did you do a read out on the codes yet ?

Also when you ever so slightly wiggle the wires some does it intermittently work and then not ? Believe me this solved a head banger for me once.

You could very well have a bad sensor(s) and the codes should show that.

I have an '02 Fatbob tank on my '98 dyna. I recently kept losing everything on the dash and read about cleaning the accessory wire. So I pulled the wire and cleaned the contact on the dash and haven't had any problems since. Good Luck!

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am going to get a new speed sensor and try that route first and then try your advice if that doesnt do the trick.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I am going to get a new speed sensor and try that route first and then try your advice if that doesnt do the trick.

Just me thinking out loud here but -- you had this problem with the orginal speed sensor & replaced with new and still have the problem correct? If so , why replace the new sensor with a new sensor??? Retrace your wiring and make sure nothing is pinched or shorting out , make sure all your wire connections are good & clean and grounded properly. No sense of throwing money at something and find out you still have the problem. Check out the self-help section here and see if there is something that might help (if you haven't done so already) JMO!!! :cheers

Back