free website stats program Looking over a recurve and bugs | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking over a recurve and bugs

Dan.1977P

Do you have to worry about getting nailed by bugs if you use a recurved windshield assuming the draft goes completely over your head?
I really want to get a new shield I can look over but I moved to an area that covers my shield with bugs every time I go out and I'd rather not waste the money on a shield that won't keep the bugs off me.

I have not run into the problem with bugs I took my time and sized my windshield so that I could just see over it and not way above it.

What Seadog said. If the shield is just the right size, you can see over it or hide behind it if needed. I really like my LRS and if you catch a sale, you cant find any shield for the money.

Long Ride Shields

I put a 9 inch Memphis shield on mine and I look over it and have had no issues with eating bugs. After a long ride bugs on the shield but forhead is clean.

What Seadog said. If the shield is just the right size, you can see over it or hide behind it if needed. I really like my LRS and if you catch a sale, you cant find any shield for the money.

Long Ride Shields

+1 on LRS. Well made and cheapest I've seen when they are on sale. The top of mine is about even with my chin/mouth, and I haven't noticed any bug problems yet, but haven't been riding at night with it. That would be the true test...

I need a new shield also, thanks for the heads up on LRS.
WAP.gif

Have 2 LRS shields, no complaints! Good quality, good prices, good customer service and as mentioned they have awesome sales. Highly recommend!

I have had my clearview recurve on for about 50,000 miles and no wind buffet no more bugs than the original tall windshield. The top of my windshield is about 1'' below my eyes.

Just put the KlockWerks recurve on my RG. I look over it and today with the dreaded love bugs the shield was covered and none on my dewrag.

Cool. Thanks guys. I've been looking at the Clearview shields for the Memphis shades batwing for a while now and think I can finally pull the trigger on it.

Back