free website stats program Looking into Stage 1 but where is the best place to buy parts? | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking into Stage 1 but where is the best place to buy parts?

ghost2277

Hello everyone!

I just bought my 2009 Fat Bob and I want to do the stage 1 upgrade, I already have V&H big shots staggered but I need to buy a good air cleaner, filter, and fuel tuner. Where is the best place to get this stuff? I would like to get the best parts I can and get the most gains I can from the equiptment. what kinda price should I expect to pay for all the parts? Also is there anything I can do to my exhaust to get better performance? I have seen alot of people talking about modifying the baffles and what not but I don't understand how that effect anything. Do V&H pipes restrict air flow? I am a newbie to all this so I apologize in advance if some of my questions sound stupid but we all have to start somewhere.:newsmile040:

I went with a Big Sucker. A little time searching the web and you can find them for about $30 less than and SE.

Welcome to the forum Ghost. There are 2 K&N filters that will fit your stock air box. One is just a replacement, and the other is "improved flow". For more money, there's the Ness Big Sucker, or the Screamin Eagle. Both have different mounting plates (back), for improved flow. There are many other brands and styles. Some use the stock "football" cover, and others have thier own specific cover (or open filter). I'd suggest going to the tips section (tab at top left of the page) and reading up on air filters. Decide what you will be satisfied with in the long run, not what you can afford now. One guy I know has spent a lot of $$ because he kept "slightly" upgrading his air filter system, until he got what he should have bought first. For a quick look at the many different styles and costs of air cleaners, go to ebay and search "harley air cleaner or filter". That will give you a quick look at many.

bought my stage 1 air cleaner and Power commander from fuelmotousa.com. package deal of $319, preprogrammed and ready to go.

Fuel Moto USA

Call them up, tell them you saw a package deal for 319 on the harley forums..

Thanks everyone for the info, I appreciate it, I kinda like the Screaming eagle forward facing air cleaner, it looks like it would give a little more leg room, Im not a tall guy but I have noticed that the A.N. big sucker kinda sticks out a little far and seems like it would be right on my leg, have any of you had problems with the after market air cleaner taking up leg room?

Here is another question how would I adjust the TFI if I bought one? the instructions online say you need to know the RPMS but my bike does not have a tach.... Do you have to adjust it yourself with the power commander?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 1800RPM's isn't that critical in achieving. A fast idle at around that speed will give you the results you are looking for when setting the #1 pot.

Do you have to adjust it yourself with the power commander?

not if you buy it from fuelmoto...mine came ready to plug and play.. my fuelmoto air cleaner is similar to the big sucker and the screaming eagle round one.. i use the stock football cover for now and have no leg room issues.. im 6'.. wanted to go with the SE heavy breather, but the wifey didn't like the looks...

just put the SE cleaner on the fatboy ('08) about 6 months ago with the same big shots and running the TFI... once everything was in and set I tweaked the TFI for a few days beween rides to get it where I liked everything - ended up being a pretty simple task, with pretty significant improvements (all the way around) in my opinion, very happy with the results... personally I picked up the pipes and ac from m&m (glider posted link earlier) - been very impressed with their service and prices

Back