free website stats program Looking into FXDWG Exhaust upgrade | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking into FXDWG Exhaust upgrade

Gilligan

I am considering an exhaust upgrade for my 2007 FXDWG.
Several expectations are improved performance and a little louder rumble.
The Vance and Hines staggered big shots appeal to me. I understand that I will need to add a new air filter. The question here is which one will do the job? and can the bike be re-mapped without adding a computerized fuel management system? Any reccomendations and experiences will be appreciated. Thanks! Gil

i have a 03 WG with samson longslashers and let me tell you if i had it to do over again I'd have bought some krome werks slip ons instead the Samson's even with baffles are way to loud in my opinion Google

Last edited:
I'm going to clean my stock pipes up and see about buying a nice sett of used slip-on MUFFLERS for them for 2 reasons the samson rear exhaust pipe has the the s bend in it for H.P. reasons the real neat thing about that S-BEND is you can't check your transmission oil level or change the tranny oil with the pipe installed 2nd there just 2 loud
if i put my stock pipes back on with a nice sett of slip-on mufflers i think I'll have the sound I'm looking for only thing that concerns me is my carb jetting i got my carb jetted to match my samson pipes now if i go with slip on mufflers will i puff back smoke and change spark plugs every other ride?

My Rinehart Flushcuts are louder than stock for sure and have a nice snap. Needed to upgrade the air filter and change the bike tune for sure though.

Thanks alot guys, I'm well on the way to my new setup. I guess I'm looking at about a $1200 bill if I'm lucky. I appreciate your help and direction. But as they say, the end result...priceless!
Gil

If you want performance go with a 2 into 1.. I have D&D FatCats... Sounds good & looks good... Thats my 2 cents worth.....

Back