free website stats program Looking into a 2003 dyna | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking into a 2003 dyna

Hi Guys,
First off I want to express my sincerest gratitude to this forum, can't express enough how happy I am to be part of it. Ok here goes, I might get a chance to get a 2003 Dyna Glide Lowrider in a couple of months. Is there a big difference between the 2007 Dyna and the 2003 outside appearance. Like I currently own a 2005 Sportster and there's a big diffrence with the pre-2004 models because it's rubber mounted. And the 2007 sportsters up are fuel-injected already. Thanks again for the help.

The differences I know of between the 03 and the 07 dyna's are...
03 carbed, 5 speed, 88 C.I
07 EFI, 6 speed, and 96 C.I.
If you don't consider these big differences then no, there aren't any big differences :D

'03 stronger bottom end, forged crank and, I think, the last year for the Timken crank bearing.

'03 150mm rear tire; '07 160mm rear tire.

Like the previous poster says, the big differences are displacement and transmission.

'03 stronger bottom end, forged crank and, I think, the last year for the Timken crank bearing.

'03 150mm rear tire; '07 160mm rear tire.

Like the previous poster says, the big differences are displacement and transmission.

2002 was last year for Timken

Thanks guys. The 2007 dyna he was selling was going for 50% more than how much the 2003 was. Not too hot on any EFI models but feels the 6 speed and bigger displacement is a reason for envy. Again really appreciate all the comments.

Hi Guys,
First off I want to express my sincerest gratitude to this forum, can't express enough how happy I am to be part of it. Ok here goes, I might get a chance to get a 2003 Dyna Glide Lowrider in a couple of months. Is there a big difference between the 2007 Dyna and the 2003 outside appearance. Like I currently own a 2005 Sportster and there's a big diffrence with the pre-2004 models because it's rubber mounted. And the 2007 sportsters up are fuel-injected already. Thanks again for the help.

My personal opinion go for a EFI, it's much better and lesser maintenance compared to the carb...I've a EFI and I used to have a carb.

Back