free website stats program Looking for some help on exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for some help on exhaust

I am thinking of purchasing the following screamin eagle exhaust system. I would like to know if any of you are running this on your bike or know of anyone who is and how well it is liked/ Thanks

SCREAMIN' EAGLE®° ACTIVE PERFORMANCE MUFFLER KIT 65647-05
The best of both worlds. This street-legal exhaust system provides the horsepower and torque characteristics of Screamin Eagle Pro Race-Use Mufflers while maintaining EPA and CARB approved sound and emission levels. The catalstequipped exhaust system utilizes an electronic servo-controlled butterfly valve to alter the gas path between the left and right muffler. The integrated on-board computer measures operating conditions, and limits the exhaust flow to the left muffler to optimize performance, sound and emissions. The results are enhanced torque and horsepower throughout the operating range, and the rich, pleasing exhaust note you expect from a Harley-Davidson. The complete system includes left and right catalyst-equipped mufflers, servo motor, cable-operated butterfly valve, plug-in on-board computer with service diagnostic capabilities, left-hand heat shield, and all necessary installation hardware. Mufflers are 49-state street-legal when installed on fuel-injected motorcycles. ECM calibration is required, and dealer installation is recommended. Street-legal ECM calibrations are available for 1450 Stage I, 1550 Stage I, and 1550 Stage II configurations. Not legal for sale or use on California-catalyst equipped vehicles. Fits '05-'07 EFI Touring models (except FLHTCSE). Requires separate purchase of two Muffler End Caps. (Does not fit with Billet Saddlebag Mount Trim P/N 91777-02.)

Others may chime in this and I may be wrong,but your bike is a domestic model (not international or California) and doesn't use the catalytic or the butterfly valve

Now we need Rich, He's got the guitar collection and a Cat!:D

I have dead cat in the front yard by the road if that helps.
BTW I would spend my money on SE pipes these days. Not unless you like spending money to buy another set of quiet pipes!

Back