free website stats program Looking for Self Cancelling turn signal module | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for Self Cancelling turn signal module

Ragtop

Just wondering if anyone knew a good website or person to get in touch with to check out purchasing a self cancelling turn signal module and the plug for a 1991 Harley heritage classic. The part number off the module is:
68537-89C. I am sure HD shop can get it but I really don't want to give up an arm to get one....LOL Any and all replys would be appreciated.

Yes, I have one of their books and have found it in there was just kind of checking out all options. Thank you for the reply!! Anyone know of any motorcycle junk yards out there????

I am looking for one as well, does anyone know the different between 68537-89C vs. 68537-89G. Are they the same and G is just a later version for the later years that use the canceller?

I am looking for one as well, does anyone know the different between 68537-89C vs. 68537-89G. Are they the same and G is just a later version for the later years that use the canceller?

Normally on hd part numbers if the letter at the end changes then it indicates a revision of the part so if it has got to a g then it has had a lot of different revisions but the application of the part should be the same

Brian

I would not buy used complex electronics when troubleshooting my own bike. This adds another layer of troubleshooting variables you do not need. Spend the money and take your savings on things not critical such as bling and simple hardware. JMHO

I got a used 'G' module for my '91 off eBay - worked fine.
There are a couple of Harley breakers on there, and IMO you would have to be very unlucky to get a non-working unit from a wrecked bike...

Note: I rebuilt my FLTC to FLHR, and replaced the original speedo etc.
The new speedo did not have the self-cancelling reed (?) switch, so I only wired in the flasher part of the unit. It works fine, and the socket is the same as the 'C' version - I see no reson why the self-cancelling part shouldn't work either, just haven't tried it....

Back