free website stats program Looking for OIL TEMP GUAGE for 09 FLHTCUI | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for OIL TEMP GUAGE for 09 FLHTCUI

BuffaloBill

Hey Guys & Gals

Decided to replace the Air Temp guage on my 09 Ultra, anyone using Oil Temp guage other then the HD If so can you recommand a Distributor?
I have done a search on the forum and can not find any Distributor other then HD

Any assistance would be appreciated

BuffaloBILL

I just ordered a oil gauge from directharleyparts dot com(I can't post links as of yet).
for my 08 UC. They have different color variations for the face and bezel and is about $30 cheaper than the dealer here in Mass. It is suppose to arrive today by Fedex.
Hope this helps.

I installed an HD on my 08 uc. It matches the other gauges and was easy to install. Glider has the adapters to put the sender unit in the oil pan. Is there a reason you wanted to go with another brand? I like the fact that all my gauges look like they came from the factory. IMO

I have never had a problem with mine. Just make sure your connections are good and tight, and I put some teflon tape on the sensor treads that goes to the adapter, but not to much to avoid a good ground.

I have never had a problem with mine. Just make sure your connections are good and tight, and I put some teflon tape on the sensor treads that goes to the adapter, but not to much to avoid a good ground.

Hmmm. The instructions that came with my kit said NOT to use teflon tape or other "sealant" on the pipe threads of the sending unit exactly because it might insulate the sending unit. Since the sending unit outside threads are pipe threads and the material is brass into the oil pan, I do not think you need the teflon tape. Just install the sending unit good and snug. Mine has not leaked any oil.

TQ

The only concern I have with not using teflon tape is brass is such a soft metal, I would be careful on how tight to make it. IMO. But if it works without it then I would think it should be ok.:)

Those threads are pipe threads and they are tapered so if you snug the sender up nice, they shouldn't leak anyway even without a sealant.

Back