free website stats program Looking for my next project ...How about vintage ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for my next project ...How about vintage ?

Maustarman

Hello everyone
I'm looking to get my next project and I found this one close by...for some reason I keep loosing my sleep over a vintage bike... And these are older than me so I'm getting all exited
Harley's for sale

What do you all think?
What would be the obvious questions to ask ? and what should I be looking for ?
How about the price?( talked to the guy and it seems he might even take a couple of hundred less than the asking price(

Any comments advice etc will be appreciated :)

Hello everyone
I'm looking to get my next project and I found this one close by...for some reason I keep loosing my sleep over a vintage bike... And these are older than me so I'm getting all exited
Harley's for sale

What do you all think?
What would be the obvious questions to ask ? and what should I be looking for ?
How about the price?( talked to the guy and it seems he might even take a couple of hundred less than the asking price(

Any comments advice etc will be appreciated :)

my only comment would be i wish i could do what you plan...i love the old vintage and to do it on your own is a real achievement. it is on my bucket list. hope you find the bike you are looking for, there is so much help on here that all your questions would be answered... good luck and don't forget the photos .....Hint (don't ask Jack to take the photos) :D

@ Ferrous
Yes... True... I do have my 88... Ive been working on it, playing with the timing etc and the noise it's better not perfect.
Planning to take it to the HD dealer to have them listening to it ...just haven't get around doing it.
But here is what it looks like..
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369377248.320398.jpg
What are you looking for... Sporty or softail project?
It seems we are pretty close by .. Should do a ride this summer

I have previously taken a box of bits and made a motorcycle from it the hardest part was finding the missing parts and trying to work out what the missing parts were
However with a Harley you should be able to get a parts list and a service manual to help identify what belongs where it helps take the guess work out of it
When a bike starts calling me and i have money and space i just get it and take it from there and the fun part is the challenge of getting it all together looking as it should

I look forward to reading about your restoration

Brian

@ Ferrous
Yes... True... I do have my 88... Ive been working on it, playing with the timing etc and the noise it's better not perfect.
Planning to take it to the HD dealer to have them listening to it ...just haven't get around doing it.
But here is what it looks like..
View attachment 14450
What are you looking for... Sporty or softail project?
It seems we are pretty close by .. Should do a ride this summer

I was hoping you had it looked at already, I'm dying to know the outcome. It looks GREAT! I like your paint work.

I'm looking for a Sporty. I've gotten as far as combing through CL, that's about it so far. I like this one; 1977 iron head sportster. If the description is accurate, I think I could do it. The one that you linked to looks like it's over my head. If you pick it up, I'll look forward to your posts.

Already noticed we're nearby. I'm thinkin...

Cheers!
Ferrous

Back