free website stats program Looking for more "sound" | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for more "sound"

firerider

I recently put a new pair of Vance & Hines slip-on exhaust to my Road Glide and was a little disappointed in the the sound of the pipes. I definitely got a few more horsepower with the new air cleaner kit and remapping of the fuel system but was really hoping for a deeper rumble. Can the baffles on the V&H pipes be modified in any way? The pipes are Twin Slash Ovals for Harley touring bikes. I don't want to screw anything up as far as engine performance but just want more sound. Any advice greatly appreciated.:eam

Pull a baffle and see if they are wrapped. If they are try the mufflers without the packing around the baffles.

You need to pull the cats to get the sound you want. I put V&H power duals with V&H Hi-output slip on's and they sound great. Plus you get a big help with cooling down the bike.

You need to pull the cats to get the sound you want. I put V&H power duals with V&H Hi-output slip on's and they sound great. Plus you get a big help with cooling down the bike.

Did you notice any difference in performance, or just sound???

Did you notice any difference in performance, or just sound???

I did get a performance boost. I never had it on a dyno until I put the 255 cams in (recent), so I don't know what it was pulling, but I did feel a better response and it felt like I had more power. I was still dissapointed with my 6th gear pull on hills and riding two up when passing. I did the pipes, air cleaner and PCV all at the same time.

You will notice a marked improvement on the sound and little to no performance gain. It will be much cooler on the right leg.:small3d036:

I changed out at 1,200 miles, so maybe I didn't have the stock set up long enough to really compare. Having said that I thought the bike had a small performance boost when I changed out. The bike definitely ran much cooler...
WAP.gif

Back