looking for help

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by ballyhoura biker, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ballyhoura biker

ballyhoura biker Member

hi to all on the DYNA forum, i,m new to it, this is my first post,!!! got myself a bog standard SUPER GLIDE CUSTOM, 2007, and would like to dress it up a bit, exhaust , sissy bar, etc, ANY advice would be most welcome, maybe someone out there has stuff for sale.??:(

2. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

Get yourself some catalogs, and start looking. There are enough parts and stuff to choose from just go looking. Stop in some shops, look at other bikes and make it yours.

3. speedyron

speedyron Active Member

If your getting new pipes, may as well get a bigger breather and a TFI.

4. shrini23

shrini23 Member

I ride a 2009 FXDC and I did a lotta mods on it.

Chrome front end
    Chrome inner primary cover
    Chrome cylinder base cover
    Chrome lifter block cover
    Chrome lever
    Chrome master cylinder kit
    Chrome starter
    Chrome sprocket
    Chrome lower belt guard
    Chrome swing arm
    Chrome 12" shocks from progressive
    Chrome 5 3/4" headlights
    Willie G. Skull (passenger pegs,rider pegs,hand grips,derby cover,timer cover)
    Medium backrest with "ride to live" medallion

pretty much dressed up my bike, now only need to enhance its performance...

5. ballyhoura biker

ballyhoura biker Member

well, what can I say, mega job, it must look the "muts nuts", thanks for the reply, drive carefully.

6. shrini23

shrini23 Member

Wherever you are, pls check your local CL sometimes you'll end up finding some awesome deals and also ebay you can find some pretty good deals

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

While this is the 2009 HD Parts & Accessories catalog...you may want to try the new 2010 one, as they may list some things like new rotors. I suppose the other thing is to paint or chrome the ones you have with a pro metal finisher.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_U...ccessories/2009_GMA_Catalog/HD_GMA09_dyna.pdf

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  8. CIB1Infantry

CIB1Infantry Member

Congratulations on the new purchase...
    now get ready to spend some real money to get it just the way you want it.
    just remember make it yours.

9. jmpancoast

jmpancoast Active Member

Two and a half years into it, here is my plain jane 06 FXDI done a little more to my taste. Maybe will offer you some suggestion as to the possibilities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 00BUCKSHOT

00BUCKSHOT Junior Member

As your making all theses modifications remember to look in your service manual and properly torque all the things you add or replace trust me when i first started changing a few things on my bike i thought "yea that's plenty tight enough" 2 days later my passenger foot peg fell off going down the road,2 weeks later i kept hearing a buzzing sound then my shifter fell off (figured out where the buzzing noise was coming from)i was stuck in 3rd gear for 5 miles until i ran across a parts house.all because i was hard headed. torque and use medium lok-tite(blue) and you'll be a happy camper