free website stats program looking for help with a 1981 keihin carb | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

looking for help with a 1981 keihin carb

how much should the accelerator pump adjusting screw be turned in?
what is the screw on the accelerator pump lever and how is it adjusted?
the throttle stop screw does not touch the throttle lever; how is it adjusted ?
please help

I suggest before trying to adjust anything to get a factory manual and do it correctly.

the accelerator pump screw should have a light contact with the pump and not be depressing it any substantial amount. If it isn't adjusted properly the bike will not have good throttle response. Over adjusted and it will give more fuel squirt than needed and also not have good response.

Try to find out if your carb linkage is binding before adjusting the throttle stop screw. After you find this out and it's not binding and returning properly, then adjust it by turning the screw to support the linkage with he engine warmed up at idle and adjust the idle speed with the screw.

i should have a manual. thx for the info. i backed off the choke cam adjustment screw and that let the throttle stop screw rest against the lever. gonna try it today.

i should have a manual. thx for the info. i backed off the choke cam adjustment screw and that let the throttle stop screw rest against the lever. gonna try it today.

That will do it. That's an indication it wasn't adkjusted right.

Back