free website stats program Looking for First Bike. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for First Bike.

I learned on a Rebel but the first bike I baught was a Sportster. The reason I baught it was because I've always wanted a Harley and that is what I was going to get. The next bike I buy will be a HD as well because now I know why I wanted a Harley all these years.

Would this be your first bike? I know some people that bought 4 or 5 year old jap. bikes to learn and make nubie mistakes on. One of my nephews is doing this with a honda shadow 750. The 750 is a good one to learn on in town but is worthless at hwy speeds or at least the one I rode was. He's also taken the riders safty course with this bike. Buying a HD is his goal, but he's never owned had a bike before. The power and weight of the harleys imtimidated him. Good luck on your choice. Let your ultimate goal be to own the bike that put the biggest smile on your face. 05 Heritage gave me the biggest smile.

Buy what YOU want... I bought a metric cruiser and took a huge loss in book value when I traded for the HD, and like others have said, take a riders course...:s

Back