free website stats program Looking for Feedback on Windsheilds for Ultra Classic | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for Feedback on Windsheilds for Ultra Classic

This is part of the frustration in trying to find the perfect windshield. It's amazing how often we finally find the right height and shape for us and then discover it's terrible for our passenger.

AARRGGHH!!!

I ordered the 10" 'Contour' from Clarks Custom Windshields yesterday. They told me the two main reasons/benefits for the extra wide shield is passenger comfort and better front speaker sound. I will post my opinion soon. I'm not a person that likes something just because I bought it. I think it was Sarge that said he has a big box of "bad ideas" in his garage? Well, mine is growing, this will be my 4th windshield, I hope it's the charm. It won't take long to know if my wife likes it better.

Last edited:
Sorry; I meant it was Smitty that had the box of bad ideas. Because of his avitar, I always want to call him Sarge.

I ordered the 10" 'Contour' from Clarks Custom Windshields yesterday. They told me the two main reasons/benefits for the extra wide shield is passenger comfort and better front speaker sound. I will post my opinion soon. I'm not a person that likes something just because I bought it. I think it was Sarge that said he has a big box of "bad ideas" in his garage? Well, mine is growing, this will be my 4th windshield, I hope it's the charm. It won't take long to know if my wife likes it better.

Breeze for sure let us know how you make out. Look forward to hearing the results.

Acidrayn mentioned cutting the windshield, there was a company near me that would cut them but apparently there is some kind of coating on the windshields now that when you cut them it peels. I saw a guy yesterday that cut his and seen his was peeling, so I think I will just buy a shorter one, besides, unless you can cut perfectly straight it will look bad, and with all the $$$$ in my scooter I want it to be perfect. Just my .02 cents.

I haven't had any problem with peeling and I have cut quite a few down.I think the trick is in the cutiing and fine sanding of the exposed edge.If you get any chipping it is going to peel.I use a 3" quick cut and fine emory to finish.

Here's my opinion on my Clarks Custom Windshields 10" Contour (3 1/2" wider each side) after a 500 mile trip. First thing is the clarity of radio is MUCH better at all speeds. I can still notice stereo effects at 80 mph using about 1/2 volume bar. The riders cockpit area seems to have a larger dead air space at all speeds. Three other bikes (2 Heritages,1 E.G.) rode with me. At colder temps 35-45 they were all wearing face masks and not happy. I had my jacket unzipped most of the time (I was well layered), and my face did not get uncomfortable. I admit, I put my soft lowers on and they really blocked air flow. I can't give any info on passenger comfort as my wife had a family emergency and didn't go with me. The only downside to the wider windshield, was I notice cross winds and turbulence from traffic more. Not bad, but it will get your attention occasionally. Over all for the price of $65 delivered, vs the $100+ for others I'm quite happy. I look over the 10" with no distraction, and my visor only hits the slipstream when I sit ramrod straight at 60mph, I'm 5'10".
I hope this info helps someone make a good decision on a windshield.:)

Back