free website stats program Looking for Feedback on Windsheilds for Ultra Classic | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for Feedback on Windsheilds for Ultra Classic

i can state this as fact.

im a member of another site, another member there works for Klockwerks

who make those curved shield. to boost sales, he sent 3 new shields out to members to try, with some great claims about wind. i was the first to get the 6" shield, which they claim was as effective as a 13" stock shield as it created a sweet spot around your head.

those were they're claims.

heres my facts.

IT WAS HORRIBLE! this thing put a wind tunnel around my head, it rattled my helmet so bad it gave me a headache (i wear a half shell dot)
the noise was unbearable and i turned my head to change lanes and
the wind took my $200.00 panoptics right off my face into traffic!

these shields are upwards of $175.00 and worthless.

supposedly they were making a 12" that was better, but its been a year and no 12" yet that i know of.

stick with a stock HD model and you'll be fine. cut yours down an inch at a time till you get it where you like it

$0.02 done

Crocker; Your wide shield sounds like a Halfmoon. I have been looking at them. Have you noticed any scuffing or rubbing on the inner fairing where the extra width sticks out? I have heard that that extra width part flexes on the fairing, and is prone to crack. If you have had it for 3 bikes/8 yrs. without cracking it's good enough for me.

I have been riding the 10" dark tined half moon shield from Clark's Customs Windshields for the last 15,000 miles on my 09 Ultra. Love it, can see over it easily, with no marks on the faring from the extra width, and no cracking. I ride two up and my wife says it is much better for her then the stock 12". I would recommend these windshields to anyone. I am 5'9" and have the stock seat.

i can state this as fact.

im a member of another site, another member there works for Klockwerks

who make those curved shield. to boost sales, he sent 3 new shields out to members to try, with some great claims about wind. i was the first to get the 6" shield, which they claim was as effective as a 13" stock shield as it created a sweet spot around your head.

those were they're claims.

heres my facts.

IT WAS HORRIBLE! this thing put a wind tunnel around my head, it rattled my helmet so bad it gave me a headache (i wear a half shell dot)
the noise was unbearable and i turned my head to change lanes and
the wind took my $200.00 panoptics right off my face into traffic!

these shields are upwards of $175.00 and worthless.

supposedly they were making a 12" that was better, but its been a year and no 12" yet that i know of.

stick with a stock HD model and you'll be fine. cut yours down an inch at a time till you get it where you like it

$0.02 done

Need more facts...how tall are U, are U using stock seat vs. custom seat, have U lowered the bike? Like I've said many times - I have/use the 6.5" KW & 8.5" KW shields & ride in NE (constantly have 15 - 25 knot winds). I have "0" buffeting w/these shields & would recommend to anyone...my $.02:bigsmiley24:

I had the standard windshield on mine and was tired of looking thru it. I cut 3 inches off the top and thought this was great as I was just looking over the top now.

I do find more turbulance around the eyes and while riding at night also find more bugs hits in that area as well.

The height was great in the day when my shades protected my eyes but at night I got tired of picking bugs out of my them.

I installed a new windshield (12") from Harley a couple days ago. No more mods for me.

The height was great in the day when my shades protected my eyes but at night I got tired of picking bugs out of my them.

Your eyes are too important to ever ride with them unprotected. At night, wear clear lenses or at least have the shield on if you wear a helmet. I do this even riding behind a fairing/windshield since we all know the occasional bug or pebble still finds its way to your face when you least expect it.

I have been riding the 10" dark tined half moon shield from Clark's Customs Windshields for the last 15,000 miles on my 09 Ultra. Love it, can see over it easily, with no marks on the faring from the extra width, and no cracking. I ride two up and my wife says it is much better for her then the stock 12". I would recommend these windshields to anyone. I am 5'9" and have the stock seat.

Can anyone tell me what the Clearview shields are made out of

Dep47

I took a look at the Clark's and it appears to me they are wider than the stock or Clearview. Can you confirm this?? Just looked like they sat out further on each side which would protect the hands better I guess.
Any problem with this extra width??

Haywire

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what the Clearview shields are made out of
I took a look at the Clark's and it appears to me they are wider than the stock or Clearview. Can you confirm this?? Just looked like they sat out further on each side which would protect the hands better I guess.
Any problem with this extra width??
Haywire

I hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I just got off the phone with Robin from Clarks Clearview windshields. I wrote a question on thier website, and 30 minutes later she called. The Clarks shields are 3 1/2" wider on each side. She said the most noticeable benefits are, better sound from front speakers, and less turbulence on the passenger. We didn't discuss warmer hands, but I think that would be a yes. They guarantee against cracking, and will custom cut any size (1/2" increments) at no extra cost. Custom sizes are priced to the next SHORTER stock size. She gave me all the info to make perfect meas. for myself. I'm very impressed with thier attitude. They also sell on ebay under harleyman???? (I can't remember the 4 digit number). The feedback is all good. This was my first contact with this company in any way.

Last edited:
Back