free website stats program looking for comments on Mustang seat | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

looking for comments on Mustang seat

I bought one last year in Mrytle Beach, rode it home ( 1500 miles ) couldn't stand it ( hurt bad ) called mustang, theysent me a return # and refunded my money -- they also offered to send me a different seat to try for 10 days but a local dealer had one on an Ultra and he let me try it for a couple hundred miles, just didn't fit right --
like I said before if I ever get another softail the first thing I would do is order a mustang with the backrest.

I think they said once you mount it is yours?
Wonder if the deep bucket changes your position much from the stock FXDC? With mids, I don't want to get any closer or lower. Anyone know?

And while we are on the subject, Sundowner seats are cheaper and folks seem to like them. I just hate spending money on stuff may not like!

There are Mustang Dealers at retail, maybe they can slip one on for size?

Have had the Mustang solo seat without backrest on my 09 RKC and have 75,000Km with no comfort problems. My problem has been with the main seat insert. The vinyl creased then progressed to a crack which then became an open tear on the left side and now the right is doing the same thing. Will have to replace the insert this winter. Had it on my 08 RKC with 52,000KM as well so not complaining.

Have had the Mustang solo seat without backrest on my 09 RKC and have 75,000Km with no comfort problems. My problem has been with the main seat insert. The vinyl creased then progressed to a crack which then became an open tear on the left side and now the right is doing the same thing. Will have to replace the insert this winter. Had it on my 08 RKC with 52,000KM as well so not complaining.

sounds like you got a lot of miles out it...and still going. i hope a lot of those were up hwy 6 through Cherryville use to ride that way all the time when i lived in Vernon (folks still do)

sounds like you got a lot of miles out it...and still going. i hope a lot of those were up hwy 6 through Cherryville use to ride that way all the time when i lived in Vernon (folks still do)

The Mustang seat has been up that way many times. Still riding here about plus 15 today and sunny!

i am thinking about getting a more comfortable seat for the RKP and was wondering if anyone has one of these or could recommend something else. they are pricey so i want to get some reviews before i got out and spend lots of hard earned $$$, strange that it is cheaper if you don't buy it from Mustang.

97-07 Harley FLHR FLHX Mustang Solo Seat w Backrest 79100
I put 3 different seats on my 97 RK and finally found that the last one, a Mustang was the best looking and most comfortable for me.

I found that after riding a rigid frame with a 2 inch thick seat for many miles any bike with suspension and just about any padded seat is good. Seriously though I have heard a lot of good stuff about Mustang seats and was actually going to get one when the crash occurred and that put things on hold. With Mustangs return policy how could you go wrong?

I put 3 different seats on my 97 RK and finally found that the last one, a Mustang was the best looking and most comfortable for me.

i got my seat yesterday and put in, got to ride back from work with it loved ot so far. but once i got to where i was going had an email so had to leave town in the am to go to south texas without the bike. hope to be back by sunday to ride again and enjoy the new seat. first impressions were great, never ridden with a back rest before but enjoyed the 30min i got with it. i will know more when i get back, one thing i did notice is it brings me up about half and inch. i use to be flat footed when i stopped but not any more so i have to stand up a bit and move forward to get both feet flat on the pavement. no problem found if i give it just a little more roll of throttle the back rest will put me in place..:D

I found that after riding a rigid frame with a 2 inch thick seat for many miles any bike with suspension and just about any padded seat is good. Seriously though I have heard a lot of good stuff about Mustang seats and was actually going to get one when the crash occurred and that put things on hold. With Mustangs return policy how could you go wrong?

hope you are ok??

I've had a Mustang and it's a good seat, however, I currently have a Saddleman Explorer on my 07 FLHRCI and I like it much better.

Back