free website stats program Looking for Advice - Bike in shop for 3rd Time (same problem) | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for Advice - Bike in shop for 3rd Time (same problem)

Looking for Advice,

I have taken my bike (2008 FLSTC with less than 500 miles and 2 months old) to the shop for a trans case leak 3 times, each time it was leaking from a different plug.

I called HD Corporate to open a ticket to resolve these issues with the dealer, the dealer has order a new trans case, but I feel that they should do more, like give me a new or refund my money.

What are your thoughts?

If they are willing to replace the trans, I think they are working with you and should wait to see if it cures the problem. I don't think they would give you what you are asking to replace the bike because of this only.

If there was an engine problem they couldn't figure out, they would replace the engine too.

All that aside, I don't want a bike that has had major replacements where the dealers tear it down and replace rebuild a NEW bike. I would be looking for a replacement myself, but it would be difficult to come about.
Some things can cause the bike to burst into flames for no reason.....:naughty:naughty:naughty:lolrolling

I wouldnt worry, they will fix it. BUT make sure the shop ticket says the problem on it ,If the shop tickets all say the same thing and they cant fix it you have something to stand on . If the shop ticket says only service or misc problems or there is no shop ticket you have NOTHING to stand on ....But Im pretty sure they will fix it . good luck!

I wouldnt worry, they will fix it. BUT make sure the shop ticket says the problem on it ,If the shop tickets all say the same thing and they cant fix it you have something to stand on . If the shop ticket says only service or misc problems or there is no shop ticket you have NOTHING to stand on ....But Im pretty sure they will fix it . good luck!
The dealer told me last last week that HD Corporate will be sending out a case stamped with the original number on it, as soon as possible. The dealer want to keep my business, so they are doing everything possible...I hope.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Ride Safe!

The dealer fixed the leaking case by installing new case per HD Corporate a couple a days ago, now they want to ride and test for leaks over Labor Day weekend...Bummer!
Everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I was able to pick up my bike this past sunday and it runs like a champ. So far, no leaks...lets keep our fingers and toes crossed.

I want to thank everyone for the comments...I am sure glad I signed up on this forum.

Back