free website stats program Looking for a windshield | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a windshield

Good looking scoot!.

With everything I have heard and read, I am trying to decide between the Clearview and the Windvest.

Thanks !! If you have or plan to add the windshield trim IMO the trim fits better on the Windvest then the Klockwerks . The way the Klockwerk is curved makes it harder to install the windshield trim , I had to kind of twist the trim some to make it fit which I think put extra strain on the well nuts because the trim never did fit right with the Klockwerks windshield , the trim fits fine on the Windvest windshield . Also the Klockwerk shook alot when the bike was at a idle . Also with the 12" windshield I am looking around 2 -3 inch above the windshield & I am 5 ft 9 .

Good luck, hope you find just the right one for your needs. Also, I think someone mentioned that air coming up from under the fairing may be part of the problem and I have been thinking about trying to block that somehow. The Gold Wing (hope that "dirty" word doesn't get me a spanking :small3d023: LOL) the dash prevents air from coming up.

At least I've got a project to keep me busy till the snow is gone.

Check and see if you have an air baffle PN 58520-79TC on your bottom tree. If you don't then one couldn't hurt. I think about $24.95 or so from HD.

You have a RoadGlide, when it comes to wind shield anything that pretains to a SG or any other HD does not apply to you. Slip stream make some afforable after markets for the RG. weather you need a 10 or an 18 inch depends on how YOU sit in the seat.
In a prefect world you want to see jut over the top of it. Some find the best way to get there is have it cut down.
I have never found any need for a wind vest or any other aftermarket trick to deal with wind on my RG. The 17 inch Slip stream is just right for me with eother of my seat and the way I sit on the bike
Sorry Smitty, A windshield with a curve gets a thumbs up from me, I hear what your saying about the wind from under the fairing and agree with you bout that. But the "Fancy Curve" allows you to install a shorter windshield with the same effect as a tall one without the curve. The stock windshields on the 3 RoadGlides I've had, didn't work, the buffeting at highway speeds caused the snaps on the visor for my helmet to wear out, not to mention the constant adjusting of chin straps and loss of hearing cuz of wind noise. I tried a tall HD windshield, but that affected my line of sight. With the windshield I have now, I can sit compfortably & easily see over the top, I don't have the wind blowin my head around, I can hear my Stereo better and it looks a lot better than a tall straight windshield. But, that's just my opion.

klock works, stock seat. smoke 14" , its perfect,i have three other winshields,and only use this one now, can leave my helmet unbuckeled and it stays on my head," only for testing" .

Joe: Here are a few pics I snapped today of my windshield. It's a Kuryakan Tourmaster.

100_0136.jpg

100_0135.jpg

Joe: Here are a few pics I snapped today of my windshield. It's a Kuryakan Tourmaster.

100_0136.jpg

100_0135.jpg

That almost looks like a Kockwerks style windshield . The Klockwerks windshield did not keep the air off my hands also it leans back to much and it made it hard to put on the chrome windshield trim .

I guess I have read something on all the windshields that will fit my Road Glide. Seems I have only gotten myself more confused. I need some input from you. Here's is the deal...

5'7' tall
Don't like to look through windshield
Want the most wind protection / least buffeting
Don't really like dark windshields

My three favorites not in any order
Cee Baily
Wind Vest
Klockworks

Also looked at:
Clearview
Kuryakan
HD standard replacement
Rifle

Thanks in advance!!

I've used, and like the windshields from Clearview and Memphis Shades. The Memphis Shades offer a colored "gradient" that becomes lighter toward the top of the shield.

I picked up a Clearview shield on E-bay today. Guess I'll give it a try. At least I won't be out too much if I don't like it. :D

Thanks to all for your input!

I have an 09 Road Glide. Lots of buffeting with the stock windshield. No buffeting with the short HD windshield but lots of hits from bugs on the helmet and chest. Bought a fairly tall Clearview and it greatly reduced the buffeting. However, it was a little too low. I then ordered a taller Clearview and now have almost no buffeting.

Clearview wraps their windshields in clear plastic wrap so you can mount it and try it out. If it doesn't work, you simply leave it in the plastic wrap and send it back for a refund or an exchange.

I think the buffeting that I still have is due to turbulence coming up from around the tank. I'm thinking about getting a set of lowers to see if that makes a difference.

Back