free website stats program Looking for a windshield | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a windshield

Redfish-Joe

I guess I have read something on all the windshields that will fit my Road Glide. Seems I have only gotten myself more confused. I need some input from you. Here's is the deal...

5'7' tall
Don't like to look through windshield
Want the most wind protection / least buffeting
Don't really like dark windshields

My three favorites not in any order
Cee Baily
Wind Vest
Klockworks

Also looked at:
Clearview
Kuryakan
HD standard replacement
Rifle

Thanks in advance!!

I used to like looking through the windshield but then I got caught in an all day rain and it was like looking through a car windshield without wipers and it was difficult to see so since then I like looking over. I like cutting my own from 1/4" Lexan and I use the old one as a template.

I have the 6.5 and 11.5 Klock Werks and I like them both. The 11.5 is great, but I am looking through it (I am 5'8) on a Street Glide. The 6.5 looks better but I do get a bit of head bobble at 80 mph and above

Here is what I've tried for my 09 RG. I'm 5' 10", 30" inseam.

Stock: Terrible buffeting. Used it for 3 months and then got a CV. Using stock seat.

ClearView stock height: Alot better than stock. More wind between 30-50, but over 55 or so, alot less buffeting than the stock one. Using stock seat. See easily over the top no issues. Great high quality shield.

Kuryakan Tourmaster: This is what I have on now. Least of the buffeting of the two. But at stops, the shield vibrates alot (I'm use to it now, but seems alot thinner). I added a HD custom seat, lowed me about 1" and I still see over the top of the shield, but I can also drop down if needed. The look from the front is wierd, but from the side I like it. My wife likes it the best (looks wise).

Alot of buffeting is from below. I don't have lowers on my bike (may add them), but when I use my highway pegs, the buffeting increases and when I put my legs tight to the tank, little buffeting.

Here is a good link on the CVO site for the SERG and it seems alot like CBs.

Windshield pics thread...

Ride safe and have fun!

I'll throw a vote in for Klock Werks...like the streamline design & they're curved @ end for added deflection. Got the 8.5" on my SG & it routes wind around my 5'11" body & nicely fits the 3-pouch t-bags.

Be careful when reading recommendations from anyone riding anything other than a Road Glide. As you know, the windshield position relative to the rider is totally different on a RG compared to any other HD bike. I would heavily weight the opinions of your fellow RG owners.

I guess I have read something on all the windshields that will fit my Road Glide. Seems I have only gotten myself more confused. I need some input from you. Here's is the deal...

5'7' tall
Don't like to look through windshield
Want the most wind protection / least buffeting
Don't really like dark windshields

My three favorites not in any order
Cee Baily
Wind Vest
Klockworks

Also looked at:
Clearview
Kuryakan
HD standard replacement
Rifle

Thanks in advance!!
I have a 09 CVO RG (my 3rd Road Glide) with the Windvest 10" in smoke. I'm 6'. I have a Corbin Classic Solo Saddle and HD Touring Pull backs. I tour a lot. I have had both the Clearview GT and the Klockwerks (I can't remember the size, it was the shorter one) on the bike. My preference is the Wind Vest. It seems to give me the most protection, it's a bit wider at the base and it is, in my opion, the best "looking" windsheild of all of em, except for that little defelector that came with the CVO. Good luck with your choice. This can be a costly ordeal. If I had it ta do all over again, I'd wait until my buddies replaced the windshields on their bikes and try em out, instead of handn' em my take offs cuz I don't like em.

Back