free website stats program Looking for a nice used Harley near oscoda Michigan 48750 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a nice used Harley near oscoda Michigan 48750

I have put in several 500 mile days on my Deuce; before I picked up a used 2002 FLHT which would by my choice for a road trip. However, I have made the trip from south Texas to Colorado several times on the Deuce. A Mustang seat, T-Bag, smaller bag mounted to the pillion and one saddle bag mounted on the left side were more than adequate for storage. So don't let the idea that a softail isn't capable of making 500 mile days with a reasonable level of comfort. Having said that, if the OP plans on a lot of touring, softails should not be on the short list.

I agree with dolt, I have an 07 heritage that I have ridden from Daytona to home in one day(950miles). I since have purchased a 14 ultra limited but hadn't put more than 350 in a day on but can easily put the same amount of stuff on the heritage with a t-bag on the rear seat. The limited is by far superior because of the creature comforts of a navigation, stereo and a cb. Not to mention a full fairing and lowers. I Have a mustache bar and a set of soft lowers for the heritage for cold weather and rain. The way I would describe the difference in both my bikes is you set on top of the touring bike and you kind of set in the softail, if that makes sense to you. The vibes that dolt mentioned are worth noting and you don't get that on the touring bike. All in all to me the touring is built for the road and the heritage can be used for road trips. Just my .02 cents worth. I will have an 07 heritage for sale but I'm a good ways from you. By the way I'm 6'5" and I fit on both bikes because of how I have them setup. Good luck finding what you want.

Will the two road kings are sold,the weather is bad here ,so I didn't make the trip across Michigan from Osceola or a to Wyoming Michigan to see them the guy sold them under blue book price but ,I still have a chance to test ride the deuce when weather brakes the 2002 with up grades pipes ,bags,an fairing,New tires and brakes,,for $7,000.from a mechanic,may have some more goodies ,will see.

Will the two road kings are sold,the weather is bad here ,so I didn't make the trip across Michigan from Osceola or a to Wyoming Michigan to see them the guy sold them under blue book price but ,I still have a chance to test ride the deuce when weather brakes the 2002 with up grades pipes ,bags,an fairing,New tires and brakes,,for $7,000.from a mechanic,may have some more goodies ,will see.

A Deuce, with bags and fairing is worth pictures.;) More importantly; carbed or fuel injected?

Will now I'm considering a Heritage Springer ,been researching them probably 1998 .
Back in Evo territory now; not a twin cam. 82CuIn; about 60HP/70TQ. Cool looking bike, very retro but down on power compared to TCs. However, it is carbureted which, IMHO, is not a bad thing.;)

Last edited:
Will now I'm considering a Heritage Springer ,been researching them probably 1998 .
A 98 softail although down on power in comparison with the twin cam bikes would still be a very good bike by 98 the evo engine was well sorted and good for many miles of great riding
As I have 2 evo big twins I do like them nice and simple and they work well

Brian

Back