free website stats program Looking for a new windshield for 09 Flhx | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Looking for a new windshield for 09 Flhx

I am 5' 11'' and just installed a 9 inch ( Not a Recurve). It is much better than the stock but I still get some buffetting at approx. 60 mph. It seems like some of this is created from the air coming from under the fairing. Looked at going taller for the colder weather but will not be able to see over it and not sure if it will fix it. Any suggestions for wind coming under the fairing?

I am 5' 11'' and just installed a 9 inch ( Not a Recurve). It is much better than the stock but I still get some buffetting at approx. 60 mph. It seems like some of this is created from the air coming from under the fairing. Looked at going taller for the colder weather but will not be able to see over it and not sure if it will fix it. Any suggestions for wind coming under the fairing?

Adjustable Deflectors would probably help the wind from under the fairing, I dont have them but I'm sure someone can tell about that, When its cold I break out the full face helmet.

Pops

6"2' here and have the Clearview 9.5" with recurve. I SWEAR by it!! I tried the 10.5" too, and it was a hair too tall for me. You'd probably be good with the 8" with recurve, and I DEFINITELY recommend the recurve; shoots the air and rain up a bit higher over you.

I can't say enough about the FANTASTIC Customer Service and kindness that I experienced when dealing with Clearview. I HIGHLY recommend them; GREAT product and great people there!! Plus, tell them you are on this Forum!!

Picture of the Clearview 8" recurve windshield
Pops
pops55-albums-my+street+glide-picture2183-8_clearview_windshield.jpg
pops55-albums-my+street+glide-picture2182-8_clearview_windshield.jpg

Last edited:
10,000 miles and 25 states later I have got to say that the recurve from clearview does the job. Customer service...quality of product and on and on. Great recommendation...excellent product. I am around 6 ft even and use a 8.5 with a recurve and some may prefer a little taller but you can always order two and keep the film on them both while tryiing out and send the one you dont want back. I recommend this as the lead time can be 5 weeks. Enjoy.:s

I know everyone loves the clearviews, but since they were pricey and I wasn't sure I would like them, I tried 2 fast aire shields 8 & 6, I am short so size is different than for a 6' guy, but they were under 30 bucks each, I have the 8" on and am real happy with it....my 2cents

Back